“Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.” Eckhart Tolle
Coming out of the holidays can be a bit of a struggle. As you’ve read these past few weeks, I really love the holiday season and I tend to place high expectations on how I wish for my holidays to play out. Once the holidays pass us by, it’s normal to feel a sense of lack- the excitement is over, and life may seem boring. I find it is really important to remember that we are in charge of creating our own destiny. Yes, we will have high moments and low moments, but what we do with the in between moments really matters a great deal. How do you treat the ordinary moments of your life? The day to day activities? Do you simply live for the high notes, or do you make the ordinary extraordinary? My wish this week is to share with you how I make ordinary moments feel extraordinary and how we can change our mindsets from the mundane to the spectacular.
1. Be present to how you feel in each moment. What is the present moment bringing up for you? As soon as you identify how you feel you can pinpoint your action plan. Get familiar with your feelings, as they are a roadmap to life.
2. Allow what feelings arise for you in any given moment, but remember you can choose how you proceed. It’s easy to get in a downward spiral when it comes to feelings, feel the feeling then remember that your thoughts create your reality, choose wisely!
3. Follow what excites you. Being in touch with your feelings you are able to notice what makes you truly happy. Follow these clues of what makes you happy from the inside out.
4. Find acceptance in what is. Difficult, but so important. We tend to live life waiting for the next big thing, and losing sight of what’s happening in front of us. Bring yourself back to the present, find peace in what’s happening in the now, and have gratitude for what this moment brings to you.
5. Remember that even “low” times have a time and a place. If we lived on a high for our entire lives we would never appreciate the good stuff as much due to lack of comparison. “Low” moments give us that comparison and the space to learn and grow.
I believe every moment is a chance to share our own magnificence. How do you choose to make your ordinary moments extraordinary? I would love to hear your thoughts below!
Wishing you a beautiful week!
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at email@example.com