I’ve learned many things during my time on my spiritual path, and I absolutely love sharing with all of you what I learn, in hopes of passing along hopeful messages. There is just so much to learn in this life, it’s exciting and also overwhelming because I know that there is always work to be done and lessons to go through.
Up until this moment, one of the hardest yet most rewarding lessons I’ve experienced is learning to let go of what doesn’t serve me. In theory, I’ve always understood it, but in my ego mind I’ve always thought that it is me who knows what’s best for me. So, when the Universe would send me messages to step away from certain people, situations or places, and I just wasn’t ready to, I ignored it, sending me into constant tailspin. It wasn’t until I finally had had enough and surrendered (after much heartache) and realized that just maybe, the Universe does know what’s best for me, and I let go. I let go of people who brought me down, of places that made me feel low, of habits that didn’t bring forward my best self, and it was really freaking challenging. Every step of the way my ego was telling me that it wasn’t worth it and it was useless busy work. But let me tell you, it was SO worth it. By letting go of all that low-vibe stuff, I created space; energetically, physically, and emotionally, and in that space there was finally room for some really awesome stuff to come into my life. I’ve had things manifest in my life that I never really thought were possible, and situations that I am so grateful for. What’s really beautiful about this is, everyone’s lives are different, so we all can have those ideals that we create space for and mine could look completely different than yours.
This week what I’m here to do is simply inspire you to start the process of letting go. It’s not easy, but you’ll be so happy that you did. If you’re in for this amazing journey of freedom, I’m here to help with these steps below that have guided me through my own letting go process.
- Get connected with yourself. You’ll only really understand what’s “best” for you when you understand yourself. How do you understand yourself? Spend quality time with you! Go inward daily, find peace in stillness, connect with your intuition and make yourself your own best friend.
- Get clear on what you want. Clarity is so important in this life, it’s like aiming straight and then shooting your own life’s arrow. Make a list, journal, contemplate what you want for your life. Know the qualities of people, places, and things that you desire so that you can identify them in your life and aim your arrow in that direction.
- Be aware of what currently isn’t in alignment with you. Once you’re clear you’ll start to feel around what isn’t quite sitting well with you. Don’t push down those feelings; really feel them. Simply notice what’s just not working.
- Make choices with confidence. If you know deep in your soul that it’s time to make a change, do so with all your heart. Make a move, let go of a guilty vice, or steer clear of bad influences, but do so confidently.
- Have trust. Trust is so big when letting go, because for a hot minute there is a void in life that our ego mind tells us will never be filled. This is where you must have faith. That void will not be forever and something really magnificent will come and fill, you just have to trust and surrender.
- Don’t give up! Just like above, the void of creating space can be uncomfortable, but like I said, it is not forever! Have patience, and stay on your course. Keep creating space, and forging onward on the path of the life of your dreams.
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org