Happy Sunday! We are almost to the end of January, can you believe how fast time flies? Now that we are fully out of the holiday swing and back into the grind of regular life, we may start to feel a little down and dreary. The holidays bring up so many emotions, mainly positive ones, that when it’s all over, we’re left to feel a little depleted. It’s also common to feel dissatisfied with the regular to do’s of daily life. What I hear so often at this time of year is situational discontent in life. We’ve made resolutions, set goals, dreamed big; and now we are left with what we have right now, and for many of us, there’s a little bit of a let down that comes with that. We want our lives to change for the positive right now, but our minds get caught up in a tailspin of wishful thinking and unhappiness with what is. Whether you’re feeling blue about a relationship, a job, your home, or your finances, I promise you there is always some sort of silver lining. So this week, let’s talk about how to make the best of any situation you may be going through. Check out some tips below to find ways to get through anything with grace and ease.
- Be the light. No matter how dark a situation may be, first start by trying to bring light to it. If you have a terribly mean boss or some dysfunction in your family, try to bring forth change, by being the change you wish to see. Negative doesn’t cancel out negative, positive does. Try it out!
- Be heard. So many times we stuff down our thoughts and opinions for fear of negative repercussions. Use your voice, stand up for yourself and be heard! Be thoughtful, respectful, and honest, and share your input to promote change.
- Be proactive. What can you do right now to make the situation better? Go inward and search for meaningful solutions or quick fixes to give yourself a positive boost. This may also mean, start researching ways to exit the situation or finding an alternative answer.
- Be protected. Know where you stand and create boundaries. How much are you willing to take before you make the ultimate change? It’s great to always know where you stand so that you’re clear when it’s time to move on.
- Be ready. Just like it’s great to know what your limits are, it’s also great to be mindful and ready on when the timing is right to make that change. If you’re wanting a new career, start exploring what makes your heart sing so that when the time is right you can transition with ease. The same goes for any other situation you’re dealing with. Preparation is key.
I hope these tips help you with any challenging situations you may be facing. I do have one caveat here. These tips are for you in the notion that you or your loved ones aren’t in any harm or danger; they simply are for bumps in the road. If you find yourself in a scary situation beyond your control, please seek help and aid from sources you trust. Have a great week everyone! xoxo
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org