When I sit down to write my blogs, I usually have no idea what is going to come up for me that week. I like to stay present, see what I’m feeling, and see how it can apply to a blog meant for all of you. This week is a big one for me, and I have a feeling you all will resonate with it as well.
I have lived a lot of my life under the pressure of worrying about what other people think of me. Whether it’s in social settings, work settings, or family settings, feeling like I’m under the judgment of others has always been something that’s really gotten to me. (I guess that’s why I thought it was necessary to talk about the importance of not judging others last month!) Living life this way can be totally draining. You strive to please others, and often times that comes at the cost of following and living the life you want to lead. Public perception and reputation have been given such a high value in society today. We’ve been taught to people please so we can have more support, but in the end, what is more important? Pleasing yourself or pleasing others? As an ultimate act of self- love, I believe honoring yourself is of the highest importance in your life. You have to be true to you, and then you can work on making others happy.
Incorporating this mentality can be really tough. So this week, I thought it would be great to give you five little tips on what you can keep in mind when the anxiety of others’ judgments start to creep in.
1. You are you, don’t let anyone else change that! Each one of us lives unique lives. Don’t try and mold your life to fit someone else’s expectations.
2. You will attract what you put out. If you want authentic, loving, supportive people in your life, be that authentic, loving, supportive person! If you want purposeful, meaningful work, embody those qualities! The Universe picks up on what you put out; it’s all about energy. Start living what you really want in life.
3. Don’t waste your energy on people and places that aren’t serving you. If intuitively you’re not feeling great about a situation, take notice of those feelings and lovingly let the situation go. We are energetic beings, be mindful of where you place your thoughts and emotions.
4. What’s meant to be will be. If you’re feeling like someone’s not digging your vibe, maybe they’re not meant to, right now. Let that go. Don’t try and force a situation to happen because you feel the need to control the situation. The Universe ebbs and flows naturally. People will come into your life, as they naturally should.
5. Feel compassion and understanding. Instead of getting angry or hurt about others’ opinions, especially if they are negative towards you, open up your heart and send love. Notice that the other person is you and that in a second you could be on the other end of that situation. Lead by example and opt to not reflect that judgment back onto another person.
We’d love to hear your thoughts! How do you let go of other people’s expectations, judgments, and opinions? Let us know!