Continuing our theme of the month, love, and it being Valentine’s Day weekend, I decided we could finally talk about romantic love. We all want to know ways that we can improve our romantic relationships, no matter if you’re happily married or single. Romantic love can bring up so many fearful and sabotaging emotions, so this week we are going to talk about how you can break through your own blocks to create a healthy, serving romantic love life. Oh la, la, exciting yes? Check out these tips below:
- Know your own self-worth. This basically goes back to last week’s self-love fest. Know how awesome you are and truly believe that you deserve a partner that mirrors your awesomeness. It’s not selfish or vain to think this way, it’s telling the Universe you are ready energetically to pull in the right match. Same goes if you’re in a relationship, know where you stand, make yourself an equal in this relationship, and own your awesomeness.
- Heal past relationships. We’ve all had crappy relationships that make us think that romantic love is one big bummer. We need these relationships to teach us about what we want, and how we behave in relationships. Do the work to heal any hurt, pain, or resentment you have towards past relationships. Energetically cut any cords you still have tied and free yourself from the past.
- Learn to love your own company. You are enough in this moment, and you are a fun person to be around! You don’t need to have someone else to make you feel worthy, learn to love your own company. So many times we feel like we need a partner just because we don’t want to be alone, and that is a clingy, unattractive energy that really won’t serve you in the long run. Be self-sufficient, independent, and love time spent with just you.
- Don’t compare to other relationships. Comparing is seriously the worst, especially when it comes to romantic relationships. It’s a major buzz kill if you are in a relationship, and it’s such a downer if you are single. Don’t compare yourself to someone else or someone else’s relationship, just don’t. You will be happier, your partner will be happier; it’s just a win win.
- Know what you want. It’s really helpful to know what you want in a relationship. You don’t have to be uber specific, but start to imagine what your ideal relationship would look like, what the details are, and the role you play in that relationship. Send a clear message to the Universe.
- Surrender timing to the universe. With all this being said, surrender is key. You can’t control how everything will unfold, so just trust, that in due time, everything will work out for you romantically, as it should.
I hope these little tips help you in your relationships! Know that you are loved right now, just as you are! Let me know how this goes for you!
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at email@example.com