I share this week’s blog with the intention and deep knowing that for so many of us, life has been incredibly challenging over these past few years. Whether you are hurting from the events of the world, or having personal struggles, it is hard sometimes to see the light when the darkness can feel so dense.
So often we strive to completely eradicate the daily struggles of life, but, the more that I live life, the more I realize that difficulty is simply part of being human. It’s the other side of the coin. We have highs and lows and good times and bad times, and as soon as we can settle into this truth, the sooner we can release the desire to change it.
Difficult times and painful moments have a tendency of tricking us into believing that they will last forever. That we will always feel this way, and that there is no light on the other side. This week I want to offer some simple reminders for you if you feel that way. We all have been there, and we all need these gentle nudges to help us move through it.
These six reminders always bring me back to my peace, my confidence, in this truth that no feeling is final, and that this, too, shall pass. I hope they are helpful for you if you are in need of some extra love ❤️
1. Life is constantly changing. What you are experiencing now will not be forever. Feel whatever feelings are coming up for you, but don’t dwell in negativity.
2. All periods in life have purpose, and without the valleys, we would not appreciate the peaks. Contrast in life gives life meaning.
3. You can take back your power by remembering that your thoughts are constantly creating your reality. What do you choose to create?
4. No matter what, there is always a takeaway from every situation. Everything that life brings us is an opportunity to learn and grow.
5. Be gentle with yourself. You are doing the best you can in this very moment. Judging and being hard on yourself won’t make the pain go away any faster; it actually prolongs the suffering.
6. You are never alone. Don’t be afraid to speak up when things feel too hard. Asking for help doesn’t make you weak.
I would love to hear what you all rely on when times are tough. Let’s keep the inspiration going in the comments below!
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org