Spring is coming, I can feel it! Even though for many winter still seems to have a hold on us, soon enough we will be feeling that beautiful spring sunshine on our faces. I love the changing of the seasons, whichever you’re changing to, a change in seasons marks an energetic shift in our environment and in ourselves. There are so many things we can do to mentally, physically, and spiritually prepare ourselves for this change of the season. Here are a few that I do, which help me feel so great:
- Connect with yourself by connecting with nature. One of the great parts of spring is we can be outside more and it’s enjoyable! I love going for long walks breathing in the outside air . I find this is a great way to clear your head, connect with nature, and feel gratitude for a new season, and a new day.
- Flowers make me happy. When I see the influx of beautiful flowers in the market, I know Spring must be right around the corner. I make a point to bring some sort of flowers or plants into my living space. Plants or flowers bring life and a new vibrant energy into your space. Choose something that uplifts and inspires you. Bonus for finding a bloom that smells beautiful as well!
- Clear out the old. Go through your closet and clear out anything that you feel you absolutely will not use anymore. You can even make two piles, one to keep for next winter and one to give away. There is nothing more energizing for me as finally putting away my winter coat for the season!
- Eat with the seasons. Another amazing part of a new time of year means new produce that’s in season! Check out your local farmers market or produce section and see what’s back in stock. Strawberries and tomatoes have been my go-tos lately.
- Let go of what isn’t serving you. Spring-time is like a rebirth. What would you like to let go of in your life? Take some time now to sit in reflection, journal, and contemplate what you’re ready to leave behind, and what you would like to call in to your life.
What are some rituals you do to call in new seasons of life? Let me know in the comments below, and Happy Spring!
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at email@example.com