Hi my friends,
For most of my life, whenever asked about what human qualities I’d like to embody, confidence has always been at the top of the list. When I was younger, I would often look on with envy, at the people around me, and in the public eye, who seemingly emanated confidence. For me, confidence is the energy you bring to any situation, and the deeply held belief that you are enough and you are worthy. Of course, both of these ideals aren’t always the easiest to latch on to, so it’s very easy for all of us to lose our sense of confidence over time.
Just like with so many other things in life, I believe that confidence is a practice and something that we can cultivate and strengthen if we desire. I don’t think that there are people who are born with it and without it, but rather the ones who make a concentrated effort to immerse it in their being, and believe.
These days, it’s easy for our confidence to be rocked moment to moment. With social media and societal standards and pressures, it can feel like we are always comparing and competing with others.
This week I wanted to provide you all with some reminders that I hope will be a great help for you to tap into the confidence that lives inside us all. Below are some gentle little nudges that have helped me along the way, I believe they can be helpful for you, too!
- Your path is unique. I really believe that every single person on this earth is here for a reason, and has a unique path. With this being true, it’s useless to compare yourself to someone else and their own unique path. Find confidence in knowing that your journey is just for you, and it doesn’t have to make sense to other people.
- Talk to yourself like you love yourself. We are the only ones that spend 24/7 inside our own minds. What kind of environment are we creating for ourselves? Confidence won’t grow from negative self-talk, but you can start to be your own hype person. You deserve the same kind of love you give to others. Set the intention to become your own best friend.
- Take inventory of your strengths. Just like everyone has their own path, we all have our own strengths. How often do you honor or recognize yourself for what you’re good at? Instead of feeling less than because you aren’t an expert at everything, give yourself praise for the skills that are special to you.
- Remember that you are worthy and enough exactly as you are. So often people think that they have to do something or become something to feel confident or even worthy of that feeling. Nothing about you in this moment has to change for you to be able to feel worthy, enough, and confident. Everything about you, right now, is already worthy.
- Act as if, and it will become second nature. There’s that old saying of “fake it til you make it” and with confidence that couldn’t be more true. What would your life look like if you had confidence? How would you act? The more you embody that feeling and act from that feeling, even before you feel “ready” it will start to feel more and more comfortable. It’s a muscle, you just have to strengthen it. Why? Because you already are everything you desire to be within.
I’m wishing you all a beautiful week filled with love and joy.
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org