Hi my dear friends,
These days it feels like we are perpetually living in tense and uncertain times. It’s quite common for me to witness confrontation and anger when I leave my house. So many of us are feeling burned out, overwhelmed, overstretched, and simply exhausted.
This week, I just want to remind you all that if you are feeling any of these feelings, it is completely normal. These are not normal times, and thus our mental and physical reactions to it all will feel uncomfortable and unsettling. But the truth is your feelings are always valid no matter what.
I, myself, have been struggling more than usual lately, and rather than being hard on myself for it, I remind myself that no feeling is ever final, and even this, too shall pass.
One of my favorite ways to lift my own spirits is to help lift the spirits of another. Kindness costs nothing, and it often means everything, especially during this season of life.
Here are my favorite ways to spread love and kindness these days:
- Being fully present in conversations with other people. By looking people in the eye, and being fully engaged in your interactions, people will feel your care and consideration.
- Being extra patient with others and allowing extra time for long lines and extra wait times.
- Sending a loving message, text, or email, just because.
- Running an errand or completing a task for a loved one who is truly overstretched.
- Communicating your needs with the people around you, and allowing them to do the same with you.
- Honoring your boundaries that make you feel safe and whole, and doing the same with others.
- Releasing judgments for how other people choose to live their lives, and wish them well from afar.
- Buying a coffee for the person behind you in line, or chipping in for a gift fund for someone who is experiencing financial hardship.
- Showing and expressing your appreciation and gratitude for the people around you, especially service workers, healthcare workers, and retail employees.
- Taking care of, and honoring your needs, so that you have the energy and the space to show up for others when called to do so.
Sending you all so much love this week and always,
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org