It’s hard to believe that we are a little half way through 2019! How’s everyone feeling about these first 7 months of the year? I felt like it was a great time to reflect on on the lessons learned so far, and to set intentions for what I wish to create for the rest of the year! These are the tops lessons I’ve learned for 2019, they’ve really provided me with a solid foundation and knowledge to give my all to these next few months of year and for my life! Check them out!
- Stop questioning and quieting your truth. If something feels wrong, speak up. If something is bothering you, speak out! Your voice matters, honor the truth that lives inside of you.
- It is completely okay to say no to things that don’t serve you. You don’t have to feel bad about saying no, you don’t have to make excuses, and you don’t have to feel regret or remorse. Honor yourself by saying no, and not looking back.
- It is okay to disappoint people, and you will disappoint people! Piggybacking off of number 2, when you start to say no, and honor yourself, there will be people who don’t like it. This is okay. It is not your job to make other people happy or live up to other people’s expectations.
- Live your life for yourself, and stop seeking other people’s approval. We spend so much of our precious energy seeking validation from the external world. And for what? Let’s spend more time creating what we wish to see and less time worrying what other people think about it .
- Inspiration and creativity are constantly in flux. When living a creative life, it’s easy to fall into the desire to always want to be creating. Know that inspiration comes in phases, ride the waves.
- Your worth isn’t measured by your productivity. Know that it’s okay to have periods where you don’t feel productive, and learn to really honor down time!
- Measure your relationships by quality not quantity. You don’t have to have a large inner circle to be loved, valued, or appreciated.
- It’s okay to let people go. Not all relationships are meant to stick with us for the entirety of our lives, it’s true what they say that relationships can be with us for a reason or a season. Know that it’s completely okay if relationships end.
- It’s okay if people don’t like or understand you. Don’t take criticisms personally and know that people view life through their own unique, personal lens.
- It’s okay to not have life completely figured out. Because none of us really do, and that’s what makes life interesting!
What are some of your favorite things you’ve learned so far in 2019?
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at email@example.com