We are all very aware that today is Valentine’s Day. No matter your romantic relationship status, this week we’re talking about how to call in real love. Whether you’re in a committed relationship or are single and ready to mingle, many of us crave an abundance of love in our lives.
The commercialism of Valentine’s Day leads us into thinking that “real love” consists of roses, chocolates, and sappy romanticism (which don’t get me wrong, I love all those things); however, real love is so much more than that. Love is manifested in so many forms and shapes. Love truly is the reason why we are here. We are meant to live our lives through the filter of love. So, if you, like me, desire to call in more love into your life, here are a few simple tips on how to do so:
– Infuse love into all that you do. Be present and mindful in your thoughts and actions. Be loving and compassionate in your everyday actions. Become a human embodiment of love.
– Love and completely accept yourself. We come into this world with nothing but pure love and compassion towards ourselves, but over time that dwindles away based on society’s harsh beliefs and demands. True love stems from your relationship with yourself. Make it your ultimate priority to be loving, kind, gentle, and compassionate with yourself. Don’t judge yourself based on appearances or social stature. Celebrate all that you are every single day.
– Be completely in love with your life; every single aspect of it. Even if you are enduring trying times (which we all do at one time or another) try to find the silver lining, the lesson, and maybe even the joy. It is when we truly embrace all of life that we become a magnet for miracles, and all of the love that we wish to harness.
– Treat everyone as you wish to be treated. Cliché but true. Be compassionate to strangers, go out of your way to be kind to those in need. Put out so much love into the world, that there is no other choice but for all the love to come back to you.
– Believe that you deserve love. I truly believe that in order to see it, you have to be it and believe that you can have it. Keep your thoughts positive, have faith, and know that love is always available to you.
I hope these little reminders are helpful for you guys! Remember you are all so loved! Send a love note to someone you’re grateful for today in the comments below. Let’s keep the love vibes flowing all day!
Michelle is Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life's Creative Director and resident writer. She has a degree in Journalism from Indiana University and is also a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and registered yoga teacher with trainings with Anuttara Yoga Shala and Strala Yoga. Michelle has a deep desire to help people find happiness in all areas of their lives, and truly believes the Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life movement will bring lasting change to the world. Michelle splits her time between Florida and New York City and loves connecting with people from all over the world. If you'd like to contact her, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org